Dental implants are a great option for replacing missing teeth. At Carroll Dentistry, we are committed to helping our patients achieve oral health and a smile to last a lifetime.
As we age our teeth are affected by many factors. Some of these factors lead to the loss of our natural teeth. Luckily there a several solutions that can restore full function and an attractive natural smile. Dental implants are one of the best advances in restorative dentistry.
At our North Miami dental practice, dental implants are one of the advanced solutions we offer patients for the replacement of missing teeth. Dental implants have a high success rate and have been used in dentistry for more than 40 years. Implants can be used to replace one tooth, several teeth, full arches of teeth and even an entire mouth of teeth.
Dental implants have many benefits including:
- Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth
- When compared to dentures, implants can offer a superior comfort level. Dentures often put pressure on the gums and irritate the gums
- Dental implants are able to endure the pressure of chewing, thus allowing you to fully chew your food and enhancing the process of digestion
- Dental implants will give you the confidence to enjoy your favorite foods again, smile again, and speak and laugh freely without worrying about loose dentures. In fact, dental implants become integrated with the bone tissue in your jaws, which means that they are as stable as natural teeth
- Dental implants are made of titanium, the same metal that is used in orthopedic surgery for joint replacement like hips or knees, which is non-reactive
- The restoration on the implants are made to last, which means you will not have to worry about dental problems like cavities
Conventional dental bridges often require that we grind down adjacent teeth to accommodate the bridge. Dental implants take a one tooth problem and give it a one tooth solution, without having to grind down adjacent teeth. In fact implants are able to handle the pressures of chewing, which helps prevent excessive wear on other teeth in the mouth.
If you want to be able to enjoy your food again without having to worry about loose dentures or adhesives, then call our office to set up an appointment and see if you are a candidate for dental implants. Dental implants will help restore your confidence in your smile and give you your freedom and confidence back. Contact us today for your consultation and start smiling again.